DO’s AND DON’T’s of Eyeglass Recycling
DO’s AND DON’T’s of Eyeglass Recycling for Northwest Lions Eye Recycling Center (NWLERC):
1. Make Sure Glasses Are Being Recycled From All Sources
Eye Care Centers
2. If possible, repack glasses donations into a 12 x 12 x 16″ container.
3. Separate these items and pack in a zip lock bag to enclose in the box sent. (The recycle center receives 1/3 of their financing from these items)
All loose lenses
All broken frames
All prescription sunglasses
4. Remove these items (and do not send in the shipment):
All reader glasses
All hard cases ( soft cases can be reused in shipping)
5. Pack glasses loosely and neatly in the boxes
Making the shipment neat helps with the removal for inspection and cleaning.
Add shipping label to the top side of box filled out per instruction.
NOTE: Walmart has collection boxes in their stores. Please remove cases when donating to these sites.
Website is NWLERC Seattle, WA Northwest Lions Eye Recycling Center
If you have any questions, please call Jack Beckman, 406.231.2424 or email at [email protected]